SaaS - Get Started
SaaS - Troubleshooting
Partners / Affiliates
Adding the Tracking Script
In order for us to track partner-related signups, we will need to add a tracking script to your website + a snippet in your sign-up form. We want to know which website visitors are coming from a partner (which has the partner key in the link).
When someone comes from a partner link we will place a cookie on their device. The cookie will remain on the device for the period you have selected in your account. As not everyone will sign up the first time they visit your website the cookie allows us to attribute the signup to your partner.
In below article we will show you how you can add the tracking script to your site.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Adding the Tracking Script
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to add the script?
- HTML website
- Google Tag Manager
- How to check if the script is working
- Easy way
- Advanced way
- Need Help?
How to add the script?
Add the Script which you can find in your settings before the <head> tag. By adding the script before the <head> it will be often present on every page of your site.
Important: Make sure the tracker is present at the page where the referrals will land + where they sign up. This might be a different domain like; app.getreditus.com
Google Tag Manager
- Go to your Tag Manager account
- Add a new Tag
3. Setup the Tag like below and hit Save
4. Submit your changes via the dashboard;
- Login into your website
- Install a Header & Footer script plugin (if you haven't already)
- Go to your settings > head and footer scripts
- Copy and paste the code into the header box, like below;
How to check if the script is working
Go to Settings > Installation
When clicking verify after installing the script it should change to > running. This might take a couple of minutes to reflect changes.
Want to know directly if the tracking script is working. Don't get scared about the more technical approach, we will guide you through this step by step;
1. Go to the landing page of the referrals / sign up page
2. Right-click your mouse anywhere on the page
3. Click Inspect
4. Go to the Network Section
5. Hit Refresh so you see actual data in the console
6. Type in gr in the filter
7. When you see the gr.js snippet it means it is working properly
- Send us an in-app chat message when you need help with the setup.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- It is not installed on all pages (including the pages where you signup)
- Your priva
If you are using CSP (link: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CSP), you need to add a "img-src" directive for "https://app.getreditus.com" in order for Reditus tracking to work. Things in "" should be code.